1.0. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser, which allows us to recognize your computer, tablet or mobile phone. The file is not malicious and do not contain viruses or malware. Via cookies, we register information to make the websites and apps more user-friendly and efficient.
Cookies can be used by either Assembly Voting and/or third parties.
There are three types of cookies:
- Third-part cookies: Cookies that are saved by third party programs, like LinkedIn and Google Analytics. They are non-harmful.
- Session cookies: Temporary cookies that are deleted when you leave the website
- Persistent cookies: enables a website to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up or enhancing your experience of services or functions offered
See the section below for more information on what kind of cookies we are using and the purposes of the cookies.
2.0. Cookies we use
Session cookies are necessary to keep a connection between your computer and a website / application running. This is the case with the Conference and election applications and the candidate system, which you cannot use if you have turned off cookies in your browser. Session cookies are deleted again when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer to remember a choice you have made. We use persistent cookies in connection with “remember me” functionality which is selected in connection with logging in to the Candidate system. Persistent cookies are also used to “remember” cookie warnings.
2.1. Cookies used by our service providers for Assembly Voting Website
3.0. How to delete and avoid cookies
You can control whether you want to accept cookies – or whether you want to delete them. You do this in the settings of the browser on your computer, phone, or tablet.
If you turn off cookies in your browser, then you cannot use the Assembly Voting web services that require login.
The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox)
- https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
You can subsequently delete cookies that you have accepted. If you have a PC with a newer browser, you can quickly do so by using the shortcut keys CTRL + SHIFT + Delete.
If you would like further information about on how we handle your information, contact us at email@example.com
Assembly Voting Aps
+45 2616 9638